The Environmental Club brings together like-minded students who have an interest in taking action to improve the environment.
In his second encyclical, Laudato Si: On Care for Our Common Home, Pope Francis outlines a Catholic perspective on resource conservation, consumerism, and global warming. His call for “swift and unified global action” inspires the mission of the CCHS Environmental Club which is intended to be a group of students dedicated to serving the Pope’s call for action.
Specifically, goals of the club are as follows:
1) Offer a forum for intellectual discussion about real world ways to improve the environment
2) Build awareness in the Central Catholic community about the need to conserve resources
3) Engage in after school activities/field trips with the goal of educating ourselves and the community about environmental concerns
4) Take action to improve resource consumption at CCHS and the community
The environmental club meets weekly on Tuesdays after school.
- President: Gianmarco Frezza, '18
- Gerson Calderon, '21
- Liam Cringle, '21
- Declan Folan, '20
- Gianmarco Frezza, '18
- John Gleason, '18
- Nicholas Marshall, '21
- Zeke Matous, '21
- Blake Neiderlander, '20
- Nick Pho, '20
- Tom Richardson, '19
- Adam Sipe, '20
- Marcus Stevens, '19
- Rocco Tarli, '21
- Sergio Visco, '21
- Matt Zeleko, '18