Summer 2021 Youth Sports Camps
Compete like a Viking! Central Catholic is excited to offer a variety of summer sports camps starting in June.
Compete Like a Viking!
- Speed & Agility
July 19 - 22
1st grade - 5th grade: 9 a.m - noon
6th grade - 9th grade: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Our camps are SOLD OUT! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waiting list.
Participants: Boys entering 1st through 9th grade
Location: Central Catholic High School Alumni Hall (Gymnasium)
About: All registered campers will receive a Central Catholic Basketball T-Shirt.
Each camper's day consists of:
- Individual and group instruction from Central Catholic Coaching Staff & Players
- Camp Speakers
- Daily Contests
- Competition (1 on 1, 3 on 3, 5 on 5)
- Weekly Awards
Speed & Agility
When: July 14 and 15, 2021
2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Participants: Boys and girls entering grades 6 through 8 in the fall of 2021
If you are an athlete at the middle school level, and you want to get faster, Central Catholic is offering its first ever Speed & Agility Workshop on July 14th and 15th. Coach Maurice Lucas, '89, entering his 21st year as a coach at Central, has put together exciting workouts that will give middle school athletes an advantage as they move forward toward High School athletics. Based on programs used by Central Catholic athletics, Midas Track Club, and Arsenal FC of Pittsburgh, this four-hour program will provide instruction on:
- Proper running form
- Correct & better footwork
- How to breathe properly – endurance improvement
- Proven performance enhancing stretches
- Explosion and power drills
- Nutrition, hydration, sleep
- Proper footwear, and how it relates to lower-leg stability
- Common injuries and how to prevent them
- Coordination improvement thru specific drills
- The importance of core strength
- Baseline testing used and how to improve results
Snacks will be provided. Athletes must bring their own water bottle, running and turf spikes, and PPE. Mask must be worn covering the nose and mouth at all times unless otherwise instructed.
Soccer Elite Youth Camp
When: July 22, 23, 24 and 25 from 6 - 8 p.m.
(Please report between 5:30 p.m. and 5:50 p.m.)
Location: Central Catholic High School Practice Field
Participants: Boys entering grades 5, 6, 7 and 8 in the fall of 2021
The Elite Soccer Camp will provide you exposure to the full Central Catholic coaching staff and the techniques that are used to play the Viking way. This is a great opportunity to prepare for your upcoming fall season.