A Central Catholic student represents his school, his family, and himself at all times. We strive to instill in our students a sense of pride in their appearance and a sense of self-discipline.
- Any color dress shirt, designed to be worn with a tie, buttoned at the collar, and tucked into pants
- A necktie knotted at the collar
- Solid color dress slacks (without outside pockets, patch pockets or pocket flaps), with a belt worn at the waist
- Any color socks that cover the ankle
- Leather dress shoes, loafers, or deck shoes (solid color is preferred). Shoes must be distinctly non-athletic and must cover the heel completely. The Dean of Students/ Assistant Principal for Student Affairs will be the final arbiters of what constitutes “nonathletic”
- A sport coat or a sweater (shirt collar and tie must be visible; turtle necks are not permitted)
- Official school sweater or vest, purchased in the school bookstore
- Team jerseys (worn over the shirt and tie) may be permitted for varsity teams on special occasions. Team captain(s) should see Assistant Principal for Student Affairs for WRITTEN permission.
- Apparel (including pins or buttons) with suggestive, vulgar, inflammatory, libelous, or inappropriate lettering, words, designs, or pictures, or references to alcoholic beverages, drugs or tobacco products
- Flannel shirts, outerwear, sweatshirts, jackets, work clothes, denim-wear, cargo pants or pants with patch pockets, flaps, or outside attachments
- Dickie-brand pants or other work-type pants
- ANY type of boot or any other shoe that rises above the ankle. Slippers or other shoes that are fur or flannel lined are also not permitted.
- Earrings or other similar adornments or jewelry, chains, necklaces, clamps, excessively large key holders used as wearing apparel, or studded belts
- Ripped, torn, sliced, patched, discolored, over-sized, or excessively baggy pants or shirt •
- Visible tattoos, body piercing, plugs of any kind
- Baseball caps, hats, bandannas, sunglasses, or any other type of headgear, at any time in the building
- Jackets, hoodies, pullovers, vests and other outerwear, EVEN THOSE which bear the Central name or logo or that of one of its athletic teams.
Hair must be its natural color, clean, neatly combed, not totally covering the ears or eyes, or falling below the shirt collar. Sideburns may not extend below the ear or extend forward toward the cheek. Shaved heads or hairstyles with designs, patterns, lines, weaves, spikes, braids, locks, twists, or ponytails are not permitted. Closely cut sides and top (military style) are permitted. Hair shall not exceed 2 ½ inches from the scalp.
Students are to be clean-shaven. Neatly trimmed mustaches are permitted. Goatees, chin or lower lip hair are not permitted. A doctor’s note about a skin condition must state a minimum requirement for shaving.
Have questions about the dress code? Contact
Mr. Steve Bezila
For our full list of policies and procedures, please reference the Student/Parent Handbook