The Pittsburgh Data Jam introduces Pittsburgh High School students to big data and data analytics.
Data Jam raises students' awareness of:
- The impact that big data will have on their lives as individuals
- The new career options that are being created by the advent of big data in nearly every industry imaginable
- The Pittsburgh Data Jam provides hands-on learning of data analytics. In doing so, students will engage in the following experiences:
- Participation in data analysis competition
- Data analysis exercises
- Data visualization tools
- Field visits to big data companies in Pittsburgh
- Seminars with data scientists
- Final poster presentation
Data Jam is organized by Pittsburgh Dataworks. Pittsburgh Dataworks is a consortium of Pittsburgh-based companies, universities, economic development organizations and local government coming together to help establish Pittsburgh as a “Big Data Savvy” city ready to participate in the economic opportunities created by the growth in big data applications and technologies.